Memorial HS Choir
ASSISTANT CHOIR DIRECTOR
We are excited that you have chosen to be a part of the Memorial Choir! We look forward to building on past successes while introducing even more challenges for our students. Involvement in the MS Choral program will provide opportunities for growth and provide experiences in music that you will remember for a lifetime.
Regularly Check Memorial Choir CHARMS for updates https://www.charmsoffice.cOM (Parent School Code = memorialchoir, Student Password = MHS Student ID)
All choir concerts: Fall (October), Winter (December), Spring Pre-UIL (March), UIL Concert Site & Reading Contest (March/April), Pop Show (May)
Rehearsals, Before-School and After-School, based on choir membership. These include UIL Contest (February-April), Pop Show (April-May)
Performances by Invitation, for specific choir groups such as Renaissance Festival contest and MHS Football games.
Parent/Student Informational Mtgs (Aug/Sept)
- Spring Trip Meetings (September & April)
- Officer/Leadership Opportunities
- Texas All-State Choir Process in San Antonio
- All-State Choir camps at various Universities, student choice (Summer)
- Region Honor Choir Auditions (October)
- UIL Solo & Ensemble Contest (January)
- National Anthem @ Rockets/Astro Game
- SW American Choral Directors Assoc. National Honor Choir Auditions (Little Rock)
- Pop show Solo/Group Auditions (April)
- Coffee House Performances (Fall/Spring)
- SBISD Private Instrumental/Vocal Lessons
- Choir Car Wash & other fundraisers
Performance Requests for Special Occasion or Event ~ firstname.lastname@example.org
Letter jackets are awarded to students who earn 12 points in MHS Choir. All points are cumulative from year to year and are not transferable between organizations.
12 POINTS ARE REQUIRED TO EARN A LETTER JACKET/BLANKET.
2 points for TMEA High School District Choir qualification
3 points for TMEA High School Region Choir qualification
3 points for TMEA High School Area Choir qualification
1 points for TMEA High School State Choir qualification
2 points for TMEA High School Honor Choir qualification
2 points for SBISD or UIL 1st division on Class 1 at solo/ensemble
5 points for Meistersinger membership
4 points for Bel Canto membership
3 points for all other Choir membership
* Student will automatically qualify for a jacket at the end of 3 years’ participation
Students are responsible for tracking points and returning to the MHS Choir Director at the conclusion of the school year for verification.