Memorial High School hosted their Fall Signing Day on Wednesday, Nov. 8 and 14 student-athletes signed their letters of intent to play collegiate sports as their classmates, friends, family and coaches cheered them on.
“Congratulations to all the signees, their families, and to those who supported them,” said Memorial High School Athletic Director Gary Koch. “It is a tribute to all the hard work most of which goes unseen.”
The opportunity to participate in collegiate sports is a great achievement. Students must have good academic standing, leadership skills and exceptional sportsmanship.
SBISD builds on the strengths and gifts of Every Child and is dedicated to ensuring they achieve T-2-4 success. Signing Day strengthens that vision and highlights that graduates are reaching that goal.
This Signing Day, students committed to schools across the country including Texas A&M University, Harvard University, the University of California, among others.
During the Signing Day event, families and friends excitedly took photos with the student-athletes and congratulated them on their accomplishments.
Congratulations to these student-athletes!
- Quincy Basarowich, Trinity University Softball
- Cara Chaffin, Sewanee - The University Of The South Soccer
- Turner Chiles, Sewanee – The University Of The South Golf
- Jackson Graham, Texas A&M University Football
- Matthew Hedrick, Mclennan Junior College Baseball
- Kassidy G. Kitchel, Texas A&M University Swimming
- David Martinez, University Of Texas At San Antonio Golf
- Nicolette Polocheck, University Of California – San Diego Basketball
- Thomas “Nathan” Raney, Lehigh University Tennis
- Jackson Salters, Carnegie Mellon University Football
- Hannah Snyder, St. Thomas University Tennis
- Trey Stinson, Mercer Lacrosse
- Max Wang, Harvard University Football
- Charlie Wylie, Texas Christian University Golf