1. Define, recognize and use the elements of art.
2. Define, recognize, and use the principles of design.
3. Recognize, distinguish, and appreciate art and cultural influences differing cultures and historical periods.
4. Develop an awareness of and sensitivity to art in both natural and human-made environments.
5. Strengthen perceptual awareness and cognitive skills through sensory experiences.
6. Analyze, compare, interpret, and evaluate art of self, other students, and major artists.
7. Communicate feelings and ideas through creative visual expression.
8. Develop skills in producing visual art in a wide variety of media and techniques.
9. Exhibit proficiency in terminology and techniques related to areas of art study.
10. Explore careers in the field of art.
11. Develop skills in the care and safe use of art supplies and equipment.